CURACAO INFO: MI DUSHI KORSOU
Curacao is a tropical island, located in the southern part of the Caribbean Sea. Until October 10, 2010 (10-10-'10) Curacao was
part of the Netherlands Antilles, but since then Curacao and St. Maarten became autonomous countries within the kingdom of
The Netherlands, just like Aruba (1986). This move followed after various referenda, dealing with the (colonial) heritage of the island.
Curacao is an island with something suitable and fun for everyone:
- more than 35 different tropical beaches for sun worshipers;
- clear blue waters, colorful fish and reefs to snorkel or to (learn to) dive;
- the historical capital city of Willemstad, one of the six UNESCO World Heritage sites in the Caribbean;
- happy, colorful architecture and colonial style (country) houses;
- all kinds of nice shops and shopping malls with well-known brands;
- a wide range of restaurants;
- the annual carnaval;
- rough nature: climb to Christoffel Mountain for example!
- great sporting events such as the yearly Heineken Sailing Regatta;
- Taste the authentic, Antillian cuisine at Plasa Bieu Antilles (in the old market hall, next to ‘t Waaigat in Punda);
- pay a visit to The Curacao Ostrich Farm or The Aloe Vera Plantation;
... and more!
The following pages will give you more in-depth information on various topics. Our 'useful links' will bring you more options, ideas and suggestions!